Many of us at some point during our lives will experience a varying degree of mental health.
Mental health experiences are different for everyone, but regardless of our background, ethnicity, religion, social status it has been scientifically proven that the great outdoors and all mother nature has to offer does lift ones spirits and endeavours to aid us in maintaining our own mental well-being.
Be at one with nature in one of our paddocks.
Brave the elements, ignite your senses, Spark your imagination
- Open the windows, let the breeze seep through
- Grow some herbs on a window box and smell the aromas
- Look to the skies and watch the moving clouds
- Go for a walk and look around you not just at your feet
- Kick off your shoes and stand on grass, leaves, twigs, sand, pebbles – scrunch your toes and feel the textures beneath your feet
- Breathing exercises are a great way of feeling the present moment, and can be done anywhere at any time – breath in for 4, hold for 4, breathe out for 4 and repeat
- Watch the sunrise and/or sunset
- Hug a tree
- Forage and wild craft
- Take a photo
- Drink a nice cup of tea
- Stand in a stream and watch the water flow
- Count the wildlife you see
- Build a forest camp
- Pet an animal
Sensory stimulation helps us to achieve a feeling of well-being. Anyone can be at one with nature and the stunning Sussex countryside is a great place to start
Here at Nutley edge you can do all those things – it’s a great place for, playing, creating, reflecting, recharging, stimulating the senses or quite simply just to BREATHE.
If you stay in one of our self-catering cottages they are a real ‘home from home’ as described by some of our guests or if you are after a real digital detox then stay in our exclusive glamping ‘The Willows’.
We have two resident goats onsite Popcorn and George that are great for lightening the mood with their playful antics, and with 11 acres to explore onsite as well as a 5 minute walk to Ashdown Forest, an area of outstanding beauty you will leave Nutley edge feeling Relaxed, Recharged and Rejuvenated.