At Nutley Edge, we run supported holidays for people with learning disabilities or Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and for those needing respite. These are our specialist Activity Breaks and are run by Outward, a London-based charity that has been successfully supporting people with learning disabilities and ASD for over forty years.
Specialist Activity Breaks are accessible holidays that give you the chance to get some country air, make friends and try new activities, to get away from the daily routine and have a proper break. Every Activity Break is run by on-site activity leaders and Outward support staff, and can accommodate people with a range of needs. Our guests have been getting involved in sports, art, music, visiting local attractions, photography, nature trails, baking, pampering, tie-dye and many other countryside pursuits.
We are pleased to welcome guests to our beautiful venue in East Sussex in the UK. The all-inclusive price covers high-quality accommodation, all meals, all activities, all staff support and all transport. We really look forward to welcoming you on one of our holidays!
Covid-19 Risk Assessment
For information about how we are ensuring everyone’s safety once we return to Nutley Edge please read the following risk assessments:
We are really pleased to have secured funding from the National Lottery Community COVID Fund for our Activity Breaks! This will help fund individuals who cannot afford an Activity Break due to financial restraints, which for many may have worsened during the pandemic. If you know someone who would benefit from this funding, please complete this form
Have a look at the Activity Breaks leaflet 2020 to see which one takes your fancy…
About the themes
- Food Lovers – Hone your baking skills, try out new recipes, become a Masterchef and enjoy local restaurants.
- Arts & Crafts – Get creative with photography, art, woodcraft, tie-dye and much more.
- East Sussex Sightseeing – Explore local castles, hop aboard a steam train and discover the many myths and legends of East Sussex.
- Sports & Outdoor Pursuits – Enjoy the great outdoors with activities such as archery and boules on this five day Activity Break.
- Mad about Animals – Get closer to nature with visits to local farms and wildlife centres, or let nature come to you with a visit from the fantastic Sussex Falconry.
- Summer Holiday – Soak up the sun in Brighton, enjoy a summer BBQ and unwind in the beautiful surroundings of Nutley Edge.
- Bonfire & Halloween – Dress up, toast marshmallows and enjoy the fireworks on our autumn Activity Break.
- Christmas Break – All the fun of Christmas, with shopping, carols, tree decorating and a turkey dinner.
Just give us a call if any of these Activity Breaks grabs your interest. We are happy to explain more over the phone. Holidays start from £820 per person and are all-inclusive, which means that accommodation, meals, activities, staff support and transport are all included.
How to book?
We are now taking bookings for all our 2020 Activity Breaks. Places are limited.